mandag 29. juni 2015

Being sentimental.

A friend and a former coworker of mine once had to go through her wardrobe to get rid of some of her clothes. I was asked to help because I wouldn’t have an sentimental point on view, but provide objectivity (also, it was a nice way to score some of her clothing for myself because we were about the same build and height). The pile that was going to charity by donation grew quite large and I ended up with her favorite top that she couldn’t use much more after her body had changed since she had become a mother. I’m wearing that top right now. It reminds me of her and the fact that even if it wasn’t bought with me in mind, it went to me after it was worn, loved and given freely. Yeah. I might not have been sentimental when we made her hard choices, but I am now. And I don’t mind because it’s a good feeling.

An actress once said: “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking her to love her.” I don’t know who that boy is. I don’t even know if that boy is a boy. But I know that I am that girl.

Ingen kommentarer: