onsdag 10. juli 2019

Pride in my hometown

First time ever, too! 50 years since Stonewall, but the first of many to come, I hope.

Just finished writing the first draft of what might end up being my speech at the second one next year. Yes, I was that inspired, and it's important to share and care - we are all humans, and we should start learning to accept one another as such, too.

The turnout was great: about 400 people, good speeches (some filled with emotion and hope, others more technical and reminding that the fight is far from over), 25 degrees Celsius, not a cloud on the blue sky and an overall excellent Parade. Most of the people were young, I think 50%-60% were under the age of 30.

To me, it was a bit modest, being used to march in the one in the capital.

Should also note that I did not knew a soul going there, as people I had talked to was more on the fence showing up, and even if some of them did, I would be hard pressed to go over and say hello. Pride is more of a solitary experience for me. Sure, I'm part of the Parade, part of the happening, part of cheering on and smiling. But when I walk, I walk alone. Granted, at this stage I have my place in the Parade and most of those around me have I seen and greeted before (being part of a small subgroup tends to do that). Still, the experience is a very private matter to me.

On that regard, I'll publish a picture. I think this might be the first picture of myself I've shared with people here on this blog, at least personal. Pushing boundaries and challenging oneself, right?

Happy Pride.

Ingen kommentarer: