tirsdag 29. september 2015

The moon is a mysterious mistress...

I’ve got shivers. Getting hyped to see the eclipse, well… it was exhilarating. The waiting before, I mean. Spent some of it listening to the Dark Side of the Moon. Twice.

Having seen the beauty of it, the magnificent wonder of the red circle being shrouded and dimmed… I stood watching it on a rooftop in the middle of a city, basking in the spare light and the awe that followed it. Embracing it I was filled with joy – for how could such a thing not do so? Not even the whole magnificent of the dawn could stand next to it – for the briefest of moments, nothing else was real. The chill, the sensation… As I stood there, watching, I was filled with love. It was the sharing kind of love as I knew that somewhere else, someone else was standing, looking up, taking in the exact same sight as I marveled at.

The moon is a mysterious mistress.
Yet I’d not trade her for my special somepony. 

Being ancient may have forced one to be a witness to many sights and wonders. Over the eons we’re only able to glimpse bits and pieces of them. I’ll most likely not see such an astronomical event ever again. Not in my life. I’m grateful for having seen this.

I love you.
You who walk the shadow of the night, you know who you are and what you have done – I love you.
You who walk the night, fighting demons of dread and worse – I love you.

I love you more than you would ever know.

...

I also love having my Internet connection back.
This should be online two days ago.
Stupid provider for sending me a faulty router.

Ingen kommentarer: